It's amazing sometimes how close I can come to stepping away from the path our Father has set before me...What's more amazing is how quickly this foolish little lamb can forget the very things just instructed by such a wise and loving shepherd.
Today I was so strongly considering walking away from some different things I've been called to, simply for the sake of what I was convinced was "convenience". It's scary, more than anything else, when I realize that I so often come only within inches of beginning that fall away from the path He has called me to be on. I really feel like the current path through this land is one that is quite elevated, in the sense that just one mishap or folly or disobedience, can result in tremendous loss. On the one hand, it is a very frightening thing...On the other, I know that this is the path to many great things, and the one to which He has called me.
I mustn't waver but a moment from His call, nor presume to walk in my own strength or wisdom. It is a path that only He can lead me on, and daily He has led me further and further along this narrow one way path, to where now I know that there remains only two options; continue ahead in the strength of His might, or fall...I suppose that all along these have been the only two options, but I guess now they've become so starkly contrasted to one another that I cannot help but awe at the prospect of the latter...
Please do keep things lifted up here. He will continue to do great things here and I know that it comes by means of so many people lifting everything before our Father.
Oh yeah! Check out this picture!
This is a picture that was taken a couple weeks ago at a restaurant near our friend Sally's house. Sally is the one on the far right. She's a neat sister and has been an active part of the Monday night group. The young guy between Rudy and I is "Cody". We actually gave him an english name that day. We named him Cody because his chinese name sounds like "small fish", and one time a friend told me about a little fish named Cody...I dunno, but it sounded good at the time.
Anywho, that's all for now. Shoot me some emails from time to time. It's always nice to hear from you guys...In the mean time, I want everyone to know that He who has begun this good work will be ever so faithful to complete it. Though things might look a little bleak at times, I know He who is leading me has somewhat of an eye for guiding his own through even the darkest of nights (which I am definitely not in, so no worries eh?) .. : )
*Abiding in Him, as the branch will die otherwise*
No comments:
Post a Comment