Thursday, May 29, 2008

Questions and Answers

After a week of preparing for so many changes and waiting to depart for Sichuan, we've finally purchased the plane tickets and have a departure date of this next Monday evening...this last week has been a little strange coming to grips with this whole thing. It's been a time of excitement for what the next step will be, while just as much a time of anxiety as I take my eyes off the controller of it all and think of all the things that could be going terribly wrong...



I think that I might be there for a while, but we'll see how that works out. As to the details of the trip, no new information really... More supplies are coming in and it looks like we'll be adding to the goodies we'll be taking up until next teusday.

Things have been interesting at the house lately. It feels like everyone is kind of on a break or something with all the changes in process of taking place. As a result, we've been letting our guard down a little bit at the house, it seems, and so the enemy has been gaining some foothold into peoples relationships and especially the way we've been spending our time...as we get more comfortable with living here in China, it's also getting more easy to lose focus on Him and His plans...

Oh! Something amazing that took place last night! I got to eat Chao Bing for the first time last night! : ) Imagine a fruit slurpee/smoothie thing that's solid, but yet can be drank with a straw... : D But I was kind of sad to find out that they won't have this deliciously amazing dish in Chengdu...

Thing are going good...Tomorrow will be my last day at school here. I'm going to miss Cong Laoshi... She's definitely my favorite teacher... If you're reading this, please lift up Mrs. Cong that she would come to know Him. Another foreign student once gave her a copy of His Word, but I hope that she might one day be drawn to Him...

Goodbye everyone...

No comments: