And so it goes...
I think I have very little understanding of the concept of change. I mean, ofcourse I know what change is and that it is "the only constant", as some put it; but really, it's as though it is always a mental speed bump when change occurs. I suppose that's why it's often met with an emotional response, because it's something different, something new...something.
As some of you might know, the guy who I've come to live with is currently in Chengdu, Sichuan helping out with recovery efforts there. The situation is quite serious, but with thorough efficiency and an awesome heart of compassion, the government and the people of China have responded in great ways. People all over China are sending in aid of all sorts to help people out, as well as bringing things into the region from surrounding areas. Their is no shortage of sympathy and compassion in the minds and hearts of the people, and even tonight I've heard of public gatherings being called together to lift up the disaster victims! This is the same country who years ago would have never dreamed of organizing something of the sort! I say all this, because I want to talk about what changes might be taking place here shortly.
As Tim has been in Chengdu, he has been seeking our Father's will about what to be doing and how he and others around here might be able to assist in the long term recovery efforts. I guess yesterday he ran into some people that he knew who were working for an organization assisting the Red Cross in the region. As they got to talking, Tim was told that if people living at this house would like to come and help with what this organization is doing, that they would be taken care of for as long as they would be willing to stay. The organization is apparently somewhat like the Billy Graham Rapid Response progam, or other progams that we have seen the Billy Graham organization orchestrate. Basically, spiritual and emotional assisstance for disaster victims. I don't know all the details right now, this is just what I've heard so far. So Tim contacted us back here at the house and asked us if we would all gather together, lift up the idea of going to the area, and then figure out who might be coming.
To keep a long story short, it looks like I'll be going to Sichuan for a while.
Words on my mind...**James' book, the fourth chapter about not knowing what tomorrow might bring**
**the words of a carpenter in John's book chapter 3 about us being like the wind...**
**the 11th chapter of the NT book to the Jews**
* And Today*
More information...
It look like we'll be leaving for Sichuan either Wednesday or Thursday. It's still not certain yet. All the details are slowly coming together. We'll be moving into an Apartment in Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan, and working with an organization called "Heart to Heart". This organization is under the umbrella of the Red Cross, and so we could be doing anything from helping in the refugee camps to helping in a distribution warehouse. Right now it looks like the crew that's going up this week will be there for a while; possibly about four months. Many of the details are still being worked out, and there's a lot of supplies that we're still working on acquiring; mostly tents and things of that sort.
So, big change coming up. I think that I might be there for a little longer. Just have a feeling. We'll see what happens. I'll try to keep everyone updated.
The final list of those going up to Chengdu is Tim (the boss), Alice (the Italian), Kristen (the house translator), Rachel, Tim's son (who will join us in a few weeks), and myself. There will also be traveling with us people from different bodies around here. I'm not sure who all is going from other places and groups, but this will be the house team. Please keep us lifted up. It will be the first time two of these girls have ever lived anywhere other than Hainan, and the second time they've ever left the island.
Our King is good!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment