I've been wanting to update this thing for quite some time, but for some reason whenever I sit down to actually do so, I seem to always be at a loss for words. I suppose it's probably because I think a bit too much about what I should write, and spend all the time I have contemplating what to write instead of just putting words down like I maybe should do...
Anywho, things are going good around here. I'm aware that is a grossly overused indiscriptive word, but really though, it's good. : ) I've been realizing lately that there are so many things I've been learning since I've been here and I'm beginning to think that that is probably one of the primary reasons I'm here, to learn...to be taught what it means to follow Him; what it means to be obedient, to love, to trust him...I have by no means "learned" these lessons as though they're now in the past as some sort of tests I've overcome, but of course they're things that are being worked out and will always be being worked out in this life. Our friend in the hospital went in for another surgery today to remove an infected area in his wound. It really hasn't been a pretty site since the infection set in. They also removed a large cyst on his butt that probably came about as part of the same infection in his back. It's hard sometimes going to the hospital and assisting him with basic daily functions and seeing all the poor conditions of the place. It has given me a tremendous respect for all those people who serve Dad in the medical field of 3rd world areas...After playing nurse for the past couple of weeks, I've been thinking to myself that maybe one day I could be helping in this aspect somewhere else in the world. It's a good breaking ground for people like myself who are often paranoid about germs. haha....but more than that, it really has been a lesson in learning what love is. Really, I guess I just didn't really think about it before, but try to imagine what life is like for someone who can't walk and who's now in the hospital after a back surgery... So we really have to help him with everything. He's paralyzed from about his belly button/lower back down, so he needs a lot of assistance. It's so awesome though, because through our care of our disabled friend, many of the people in the hospital have heard our Dad's good news as they inquire as to why we are there, who are we, and why are we doing what we're doing. It's so neat to see. My Chinese is not nearly good enough to carry on conversations with people, although many of them don't speak mandarin anyway, but our Chinese friends are able to share at length with these curious and open people. Good stuff...But yeah, if you're reading this and you have access to Dad's throne room, please do lift us up before Him and especially our friend Paul who's in the hospital. There is a chance that, should it be allowed by Him, Paul could die from an uncontrolled infection. Today part of the surgery that they did was to clean out an infection that had got down to the spine. If that isn't cleaned out, it's only a matter of time. So please keep him lifted up. Our attention right now has been focused a lot on Paul, and so normal activities here have been put on hold so that we can have two people at the hospital with him at all times...
As for studies at the the university, things are moving along. We're into our second book in our comprehension class, and moving pretty quickly in our other classes as well. It's so nice now to be able to get around town and shop or do whatever without needing someone to translate or go everywhere with. I mean, it's still nice to have the company and it's always good to have someone there just in case, but I just feel so much more comfortable now that the language isn't so much of a barrier. I'm no where near "arriving" with the language, and won't be fluent for at least another two years, but it's nice to be able to communicate at least a little bit for now. : )
We'll be having some visitors coming here Thursday through Sunday. They're friends from the states and assisstants of His. One of them that is coming is Tojer's son, and he'll be moving in to my room with Able and myself. It'll be neat to see how Rudy ("Tojer"-I switch back and forth with his names) acts now that he has a 28-year old son living with him at the house. His son's name is James, and he'll be hear studying at the University next semester and just seeing what Dad has planned in the mean time.
..
That's kind of everything that's been going lately. There is, ofcourse, much more and every day has it's lessons and events and testings and whatever...but this is a good summary...
Shoot me an email to let me know how you're doing...(a general, vague "you"...anybody reading this...)
..
..
I really do want to write more often, honestly. I just, I dunno...I usually can't think what to write. If you want to hear about what's going on, you can always email me. : ) Also, I may one day have some pictures on here, but for now I do apologize that the blog is so taxing on the eyes...
..
There are some people I would really enjoy hearing from...If you are one of those, I'm giving you an ESP message right now.......................................................k, we'll see if you get the message. : )
..
Take care everyone. We can't let ourselves forget how "Worthy is the lamb who was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing..." He truly is worthy of our lives. How great a King our Father is. : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment