Thursday, January 24, 2008

More of Hong Kong

So, I'm finally here.

..

Here's some pictures of Hong Kong. I decided I won't be posting up any real personal pictures anymore... so here's some pictures of Hong Kong!





We were staying in an area called Kowloon, which is actually a part of the main land and not Hong Kong Island. But we took a ferry over to Hong Kong Island one of the days and spent a little while just walking around the city.

Here's an area known as Temple Street. It's filled with outdoor vendors and just about everything under the sun. We found everything from spy cameras to paintings, rifle scopes to noodle shops; you name it, it was probably on this street. We enjoyed the different food places all over Hong Kong, it felt like all we did was walk from place to place to eat. : ) Not so bad I guess.


Here's a picture of Hong Kong Park, almost like a Central Park in the middle of Hong Kong. It was amazing how just a couple steps in the right direction can lead you to such a serene area away from all the city rush and so many thousands of people. It was beautiful in the park area, we only wish it wasn't so hazy/foggy out while we were there...

Tall buildings. For someone who grew up in California where everything is spread out and you need a car to get around, this city was amazing. There were so many different levels to the city, each of which contained a whole other group of thousands of people. It seemed like the droves of people were just never ending, whether you were under ground in the tunnels and subways, or in the multi-leveled malls that would stretch on and on and only connect to something else.

.

.

Yesterday we arrived here at OFH with our brother Tim. It was interesting doing the whole boarding crossing process...haha, Hashem is good!

.

.

What's amazing is the vast difference between the Chinese and the Japanese. Such entirely different cultures and people. Girls actually shouting was almost shocking to me. I actually got scared after ordering at McDonald's and the girl taking my order shouted the order back to the cooks. I just wasn't ready for it, for some reason thinking Chinese girls to be like Japanese...so, very interesting. The language ofcourse is a whole other thing. But, nevertheless, Hashem is good!

The house we're at is 4 stories, with 14 people living here now, including me. It's an awesome place, and right now I'm staying in a room with a guy who just got here as well. They have a couple different classroom/office rooms, as well as a bit of a library across the hall from my room. I was uber excited when I saw some of the books they have! hehehe. Did somebody say Orwell? haha, that was a fun book to see. Also! This morning we were able to utilize the weight bench on the enclosed 4th story balcony area...

I thank you all for lifting everything up, I really have been feeling a bit of it, no joke. The country is similiar to a developing country in some areas, like here where we live, yet in some areas it's nothing less than a modern metropolis. This is quite the country of change and development...

..

This is all for now, I'll try and keep everyone updated and I'll soon post up some pictures of my new home!



Note for everyone. I'm actually blocked out from viewing blogs. While this is so, I am still able to post and edit my blog. With this then, take note that I won't be able to view comments on the blog...So, you can still leave them, but I just won't get them... : ) But hey, isn't it awesome that I can post on this thing! So highly favored by our King, all for grace's sake. Take care everyone.

No comments: